Wednesday, November 25, 2009

And it starts

The Holiday Season.   Aw, so I love Christmas music. No, really I do, but the fact that during this season it is pretty much crammed down my throat; TV, Radio, grocery stores, malls, even the hold music for the phone company…it leaves me slightly annoyed. This bombardment of unoriginal repetitious cheery melodies not only makes me mourn for my communistic/commercial world, but it also embitters me towards beautiful meaningful songs. No matter how warm and fuzzy a tune may be, it begins to feel like sand in your pants (bearable, but not pleasant on any account) upon the millionth listen.

Now with all of this astringent talk, there is still hope. You may not hear them while throwing elbows trying to score a deal on black Friday, but there are so many talents who’ve taken the joy of the season and packaged it into new, fresh holiday music.  You may have to do some digging, but it does exist. Which finally brings me to the point of my rant.  As I scourge all my resources for new holiday tunes, I’ll be posting my favorite new finds here. So please stay tuned my music gleaming friends :)



Try this little sampler to start with. Oh and please, feel free to share your discoveries too!




1 comment:

  1. Just when I thought I couldn't love you any more than I already do, I read your bitter post and love and laughter fill my cold, brazen soul with joy again...ahhh, tis the season!! :)

    ReplyDelete